Thursday, May 16, 2013

Savannah's Rainbow

I had to share this picture that Scott and I took yesterday as we were driving to the SHARE walk meeting.  As we were driving I spotted this beautiful rainbow and of course gasped in excitement and starting pointing like a little kid.  It was the most beautiful rainbow I've ever seen. It was so bright and was a complete arch!! On our way to these meetings we always pass our favorite street sign-  Savannah Circle. So Scott decided we must stop, get out of the car and take a picture of Savannah's name with the rainbow. I'm so glad we did!


"Lord make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother  She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colors Oh, and life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no  Ain't even gray, but she buries her baby"   BAND PERRY
 
There were actually two of them
 

I've started the hats for the babies in Honduras!!! Here is my first one so far-




2 comments:

  1. Lord bless you, Courtney and Scott! What you are doing in making the tiny didees and hats and booties is so precious. A belated Happy Mother's Day to you :-). Our niece, Carrie, lost her 5-day old little boy, Mousa, last month. (Carrie's husband is of Jordanian descent, hence the name).
    I've been making little preemie hats to donate to NICU wards since last month. How wonderful yours are even making their way to little Honduran preemies. I haven't mailed any of mine out yet, waiting til I have a dozen to send.
    I just wanted to leave a comment to say "hey" and to give you a cyber-hug.
    Mary in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mimi,

      Thank you so much for your message! I'm so sorry to hear about your niece's baby boy. Losing a baby is the hardest thing parents can go through. My heart goes out to them and your family.

      I'm so happy to hear you are making little preemie hats as well!!! Little hats and little gifts means so much to the parents with babies in the NICU.

      Take care!!

      Hugs,
      Courtney

      Delete