Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Teddy Bears!!!

We received the teddy bears yesterday!!!! I decided since Savannah's nursery theme was teddy bears that I wanted to purchase some to send with the hats and booties as another gift from Savannah. They are 8 inches tall and are so cute. I love teddy bears so I just assume everyone else does too haha. I hope they add, even just a little bit, more comfort to the Mommies, Daddies and Babies in the NICU!  Check out their cute little faces~

 
 
Yesterday I mailed out my Easter/Spring donation to The Preemie Project!!!  Like I said before I did not complete as many as I was hoping but I ended up with 11 total. Not too bad!!! I can't wait to see if any pictures are posted on TPP facebook page of the babies wearing their Easter hats! So cute. Here they are all bagged up and ready for their baby! 
 
 
Since I last wrote I have sent out 2 more hat and bootie sets. 20 sets have currently been sent out!!! So exciting!  A little teddy bear set went to a beautiful baby girl named Vanessa.  She is a 3 pound cutie who was diagnosed with Trisomy 18. She touches my heart because Trisomy 18 is another rare chromosomal abnormality, just like Savannah had. It's another one of those disorders that doctor call "incompatible with life" however Vanessa is beating all the odds and she is doing great.  Little Vanessa has a facebook page where her family posts updates and pictures of her so it's great to see how she is doing. Her page is http://www.facebook.com/#!/PrayersForVanessaHallak.  Go show her some support and prayers!!
 
Since I love coming up with new hats I decided I would update the Hats for Preemies page on my website. I'm going to keep the 3 original designs but thought I'd come up with some new options every once and awhile. Gotta keep the creativity juices flowing!  I came up with a Spring Collection. I think they are so cute!! Here they are-
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




1 comment:

  1. I love your knitting and the bears! Both are so cute! YOU are doing something pretty amazing in honor of Savannah! I have a friend (we both taught at the same school) whose daughter lived for 21 days with Trisomy 21. I am so sorry to learn that Savannah had that also. I lost my first born son James Collins Fitts, Jr. to a full term stillbirth....knot in the cord. Five years later we lost our only daughter at about 20 weeks to the same thing. Her name is Reita Gale Fitts. That is why I make balloons for parents on their angel's birthday.....so they will know someone is thinking of them on their child's special day.

    ReplyDelete