Friday, February 8, 2013

Hats For Three Special Preemies

I'm so thrilled to announce that I received two more preemie hat and bootie set requests this week!! The first request came from a Mommy in Louisiana who had twin girls at 25 weeks gestation. They were born 3 weeks ago and  weigh 1 pound 7 ounces and the other is 1 pound 8 ounces. What tiny beautiful miracles!! They are the same size as Savannah when she was born.  I can't wait for them to put on their little hats and booties!!! The pictures don't do these tiny hats justice. They are super cute!  Here they are:


 
 
All wrapped up and ready to ship 
 
The second preemie hat request comes from a Mommy in Kentucky!  She had her little bundle of joy at 31 weeks and 1 day gestation in January. He weighed 2 pounds and 14 ounces at birth and  he currently is 3 pounds and 11 ounces! Way to go baby boy!!! He is doing great and they expect to be able to bring him home in March, his due date month.  She wanted the little brown bear hat with booties. Here they are:
 
 
 
I can not wait until these babies receive their packages in the mail! They should both receive them on Monday.  When making Sweet Savannah Knits website I really had no idea what would come of it. I am so thrilled that NICU Mommies and Daddies are finding my website and ordering hats. It's a small thing but I hope it brings moments of joy seeing their tiny babies looking so cute. The Mommy from Louisiana with the twins stated that she could not find anything at the stores to fit her babies. I hope the tiny hats fit perfect!!
 
I, again, want to thank those who donated in the past week.  Your donations are helping tremendously.  Without you guys I would not be able to support doing this. I feel so blessed to be able to send these babies a gift in the mail at no charge to their parents.  I also want to thank one of my best friends Lisa for helping spread the word about my website and ways others can help the tiny babies. It means a lot Lisa- Thank You!
 
And an update on the Easter/Spring donation to The Preemie Project-  7 hats and counting. If anyone has any cute Easter/Spring knit hat patterns please send them my way!
 
 
This past year Scott and I attended A Walk To Remember through SHARE. Sooo many of our family and friends came to support us. It was amazing (despite the rain)!!  A couple of the ladies who have been helping run the walk for many years, since it started, have decided it's time to step down. They are looking for new people to help run the walk this and the following years.  Well.... Scott and I volunteered! I'm very excited as I decided since last years walk that I wanted to help out the following years.  So I'm happy to announce that we will be on the Walk committee! Yaa!! It's just another way I can honor my sweet baby and all the babies gone too soon.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment