Friday, February 1, 2013

Savannah's birth month

February is here.  I can't believe that it is Savannah's birth month today. In 27 days it will be one year since my sweet angel was born. I've been starting to have a hard time thinking about what I was doing at this time last year. I was so oblivious to anything being wrong. I was that blissful pregnant lady walking around and all I could think about was meeting my baby in a few months. Little did I know I'd meet her just a few weeks later.  Last year Scott and I went to White Castle for Valentine's Day (it was actually fun haha) and I keep replaying that night in my head. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's that I want to feel how I felt that day again, so excited for the baby.  Or it's just that I keep thinking about what it felt like to have not experienced losing a baby. When I see pictures of Scott and I before Savannah was born it's hard to imagine what life was like then. My life is so completely different now.  For Savannah's birthday we are having a little birthday party for her. It's just going to be our immediate family and a couple days before her actually birthday. I want to do another balloon launch (maybe another person will find one of her balloons- speaking of that I still write back and forth with the family that found her 6 month balloon. Such a great family!)  Her actual birthday Scott and I will do something with just the three of us. I'm not sure what yet but something special. 

Lately I have been going to work with Scott on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's been good to get out of the house a couple days and week and help out good old Reliable Wire. On Tuesday we brought in Chinese food for dinner (to lazy to cook when we got home) and here is the fortune Scott got in his fortune cookie. It's a little hard to read in the picture so what it said is " The current year will bring you much happiness.  Learn chinese: Child"


I couldn't believe it!! The "learn chinese" word is CHILD!!!  I hope and pray that this little fortune cookie fortune is telling the truth. I pray that God will give Scott and I another healthy child everyday. This has to be our year right?

This past week I have been very busy with all my knitting and sewing!  I want to thank the two people who requested little hats for that special baby in their life. Your donations will go a long way!!! And to everyone else if you or you know someone who has or is going to have a baby please request  a knit from me!!! I do charge a donation for them which covers the cost of yarn and shipping but all proceeds goes directly back to purchasing yarn/fabric for donations to the NICUs. So not only are you getting a cute knit you are also donating to a great cause!  And of course THANK YOU again to all that have donated on the website!!!!   Here are my first two orders ready to ship out:

 
 
I also mailed out a blanket and hat to my Mom's good friend in Texas. The set is for her new granddaughter.  I was very excited as after receiving the blanket she checked out my website, read Savannah's story and was inspired to start helping babies too!!! This is one of the main reasons as to why I'm doing this! Thank you Marianne!!!
 
 
 
Another project I completed this week is a baby sweater!!! I have been wanting to give this a try for a while now but for some reason was scared  thinking it was going to be  hard. It really wasn't! I made this super cute sweater for my friend Anna's baby shower in a week. Anna hopefully you have not discovered this blog yet as I've kept it from you so you didn't see all the stuff I've made you haha! You'll know about it after the shower I promise! Here is the little sweater:
 
 
 
The Preemie Project wrote on their facebook page the other day that they are in need of blankets for the NICUs asap. She stated that the demand is so high for blankets that they simply can not keep up.  So what did I do?? I went straight to the fabric store and bought fabric (with your generous donations!) and whipped up a couple blankets!!! This is my VERY first time sewing a blanket but I think I did a pretty good job. This was a pretty simple pattern as I just sewed the right sides together and flipped it inside out and then sewed the seam. As I get better sewing I'll be able to make more and faster. Per the Preemie Project they request blankets to be at least 30 in by 30 in as they use them to cover the isolettes to block the light for babies under 34 weeks. If anyone knows how to knit/crochet/sew they are always looking for blankets. And not just The Preemie Project but other hospitals as well. When Savannah was in the NICU they gave us a light pink knitted blanket. This blanket was used to wrap her up when we finally got to holder her so we will cherish it always. Thank you so much to whoever made this VERY special blanket!!! I'm sure these will go to a family who will cherish them as well.  And here they are:
 
 
 
 
 
 
And they are packaged and shipped out. They will receive them on Monday!!
 
 
And like always I'm working on the Easter/Spring donation and the tiny diapers. I'm making a little progress (6 hats, 22 diapers):
 
Another Easter Hat
 
Stack of diapers so far
 
And that's all for now!! Keep checking back!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment