Monday, February 18, 2013

Hoppin down the bunny trail.....

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day! I know I did! Scottie boy got me flowers and cooked me an amazing dinner. Steak! Yum! Just staying home and spending time with him is all I need. I'm one lucky lady!

This past week I have been working on two Bunny hat and bootie sets for a set of boy preemie twins in Washington!!! These little cuties were born at 31 weeks weighing in at around 3 pounds each!!! Their Mommy wanted the bunny hats for Easter this year. They will look so cute!!  I had to giggle at myself because this morning I went to the post office, first thing, to get this package in the mail. I was excited!  I actually stood in line (by myself) waiting for the post office to open. It was about 8:27am (they open at 8:30am). I was wondering why I was the only one in there when it dawned on me. It's Presidents day and they are closed. DARN!!! So these little cuties will have to wait one more day but that's OK as their Mommy wants them to wear them at Easter which is still a few weeks away! Check them out:

 
This morning I woke up to 7 emails in my Sweet Savannah Knits account! I received 4 more hat/bootie requests for special preemies. Awesome! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I feel so blessed and happy that so many people are finding my site. I've gotten such great feed back and response and I'm loving it! I love that Savannah's story is touching others. I've received many emails from people who just want to tell me how touched they were by reading her story. It melts my heart!!  I've also received a few emails from Mommies who also had babies with Triploidy. It is such a rare disorder that it's actually amazing to connect with others who went through the same experience. We are not alone in this! Thank you to those who have contacted me!
 
This past week I also finished knitting up a sweater and head band for my fellow SHARE friend who is expecting a little girl in May!! I'm so happy for them as they have been though a lot just like Scott and I.   I just think the sweater is adorable, if I do say so myself haha!!
 
 
 
 
I want to thank those of you who have donated to Team Sweet Savannah Rae for the March for Babies walk! I'm so touched and know that your money is going to a fantastic cause!!!
 
Well that is all for now!  Talk to you all soon!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment